Sunday, August 12, 2012

Friends

True blue friends are more precious than gold. A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to host one of my dearest friends from college, his wife and kids.

Haven't seen him since summer of 2006, when we took a trip to the Pacific NW to visit him. Hardly ever talk to him, but we email frequently. Yet it was as if only a day or two had passed...stayed up far too late chatting, the four adults playing "nerd games" (think along the order of Settlers of Catan), drinking beer, and talking to all hours.

Sometimes friendship is just being there.

3 comments:

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

I love Settlers of Catan. Have you ever played Dominion? Similarly addictive.

Anonymous said...

I have a preference for the game Pandemic. It is a team game where the players are playing against the game. The best part is that you can lose. Outbreaks or Epidemics can beat the team.

(btw, I am a vaccine researcher)

ER's Mom said...

Have not tried Pandemic, although it sounds cool. I don't think we have Dominion...both sound like Christmas ideas for DH!