Thursday, October 1, 2015

Now it's personal

Mountains driving into Roseburg.


Driving around rural Roseburg


A winery near Roseburg



When are we going to stop our national insanity? These are some pictures from my recent trip to Roseburg, OR. Gorgeous small town. Lovely scenery. Now infamous for yet another mass murder site. I'm sick and tired of hearing this. I went to Roseburg for a girls' weekend (hence the winery picture). I visited my son's godparents (and their kid, my future daughter-in-law). First thing I do after seeing reports: text my friend to make sure she or her husband and daughter were no where near the college.

Why should this be a frequent occurrence? Why can't we have some reasonable conversation about guns? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And feel for those ED and surgery doctors there - this is a small town, 1 hospital. It would overwhelm everyone to have suddenly that many serious traumas brought in. They are going to be having nightmares.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my hood it is said "guns are not the problem, people are the problem". They are half right. People are the problem. Guns are very much the problem.

Lisa said...

I wonder why we can't have discussions about adequate mental healthcare and destigmatizing mental illness. All of these murders have been perpetrated by individuals suffering with one form of mental illness or another and no-one talks about that.

Marjie said...

Amen

Oldfoolrn said...

I have a tough time remembering what I had for lunch, but the details of GSW trauma surgeries I scrubbed on 40 years ago are burned into my consciousness. Every old scrub nurse has a graveyard of gun victims in the back of their head. I do not think most people recognize the trauma guns inflict because they do not have to clean up the mess.

Unknown said...

Admin, if not okay please remove!

Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

Thanks