Sunday, October 7, 2007

Frustrations

Docs are full of them. Hell, so are parents. ;) And teachers.

I would be a rich woman if I had a penny for every patient who did the opposite of what was recommended. And you know who are the worst class of patients in this? THOSE IN THE MEDICAL PROFESSION!!!!! Nurses and fellow doctors are the worst!

Diabetics who don't care for themselves. Smokers. People who have TOP (tired of pregnancy) and do literally anything to be unpregnant. Crack inductions of labor (works pretty damn well, as long as you like a lot of blood everywhere), outright lies to try to get the doctor to induce (my personal favorite is "I've been passing out for 10 minutes EVERY DAY!", said in a melodramatic fashion). Drug seekers.

I do not pretend to understand the mindset. I simply can't wrap my mind around it. And the only thing to do is to do what is the best and have them pissed off at you.

Such is life.

No comments: