Thursday, June 5, 2008

Half-full

DH is changing my half-full wine glass to an all full one. ;)

But what I was really going to post about is outlook. Deborah Peel would have you think that bitching and moaning on a blog is unprofessional. Doctors shouldn't feel that way about their patients.

BULLSHIT!

Anyone who deals with the public on a regular basis needs an outlet. There are a lot of nutty people out there, and we see them on a daily basis. You know, my sister bitched about customers when she waitressed, I grew to loathe some clients when I was a secretary, teachers I know whine about their students. Sartre was right when he proclaimed that hell is other people.

But we wouldn't be doctoring without a love of what we do. And there are lots of patients whom I absolutely adore. You just don't need a release when you deal with those folks. Fortunately, these folks are the silent majority of patients.

But bitching is fun. ;)