Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jinxing myself

2 great OR weeks in a row. Every case started on time. No complications. No unexpected findings. No equipment malfunctions. The laparoscopic hyst on a very large lady stayed laparoscopic. My fastest vag hyst ever (24 minutes!). The worst thing that happened was I dropped an instrument on the floor during the laparoscopic hyst and had to wait for a new one to be thrown onto the field.

One laparoscopy had such beautiful anatomy, it looked like a textbook. The ureter was peristalsing gently next to the great vessels. The appendix rested nearby. Two textbook tubes and ovaries. No findings to explain her pain, but beautiful anatomy.

We had 80s rock going in the background yesterday. Styx, Whitesnake, all of the cheesy stuff from my high school years. Today, it was an all female room, so we were debating the merits of the male swimmers vs the male gymnasts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swimmers. Definitely.

dr. whoo? said...

I'm partial to the gymnasts, but only on TV, because in person I am sure that they are even shorter than I.

Richelle said...

operating room is the place i want to be... I love surgery so much...
By the way can u update the link to my blog from http://richelle-rn.blogspot.com to www.nursesthoughts.com? Thank you so much!