Friday, January 23, 2009

2 more weeks

I can make it until then...I hope. My new partner's coming then.

Until then, I've been drowning in work - 8 surgeries, 7 vaginal deliveries and a full office last week. This week will be similar. My numbers for the month are going to be insane!

Yesterday, one of my patients who was scheduled late in the day was complaining about me running 90 minutes late. Yes, it sucks. But do you think I like it any more than you? That's 90 minutes that I'm not home with my kids. 90 more minutes standing with my knee that is screaming despite me taking more motrin than is good for me. 90 minutes of overtime for the nurse who is running me.

And then, of course, she was a "by the way..." as I was walking out the door. And stupid me, I took care of it anyway. Why? Because I looked at my schedule and saw that openings are few and far between.

AURGH!

No comments: