Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Facepalm

If you call me at 1:19 am complaining of nausea and vomiting, and I assume that you will follow my instructions to go to L&D.

Fail on Patient #1.

I assume most patients would show up for her surgery.

Patient #2 also fails.

Patient #1 calls at 3:30 pm, complaining of nausea and vomiting. Shelly, working phones, didn't know that I had talked to her earlier and told her to go to L&D.

"Oh, that's what the doc said this morning when I called, but I didn't feel like going."


***FACEPALM****

4 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Time to revoke your phone priviliges, #1.

rlbates said...

sq2m

Sarah Blue said...

How do you not show up for surgery? That's just unbelievable. :(

ER's Mom said...

Sad thing, having someone no show for surgery has happened to me before.

We're calling her to see if there is a reason, but if she just forgot, I'm discharging her from my practice.