Friday, March 12, 2010

Vacation

Was a much needed escape from daily life.

Went on a romantic getaway with my hubby...only to explore multiple historical Civil War battle sites. ;) It made him happy, so it made me happy. My knee, OTOH, is screaming at me. I might have over done it. The 356 steps at one of the sites was NOT a good idea. Still not sure how I managed that site...

Went on a mother-son bowling outing tonight with the PTA. Evidently, I suck, since all three 6 year olds at my lane beat me. The boy came home crowing about the fact that he knocked over more pins than me. (it wasn't hard to beat me...I'm REALLY bad) Oh, and bowling isn't a good idea with a bum knee.

Caught up on sleep. Took a nap every single day thus far.

Going on a mommy-daughter date this weekend. More Indian food.

Trying to figure out how to retire in 10 years...I could get used to this life of leisure. ;)

2 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

If you figure it out, let me know. I'd love to retire then too. And I'm older then you.

Glad you had fun. Hope your knee gets better.

Wii bowling is much easier on the knee. But the kids still stomp me at it.

dr. whoo? said...

So glad you are enjoying your much needed vacation! I plan to retire just as soon as I hit the lottery...I know it will happen any day now... :)