Monday, May 17, 2010

School Trip

Last fall, I was crazy enough to VOLUNTEER to chaperon a school trip to Chicago.

Fortunately, I am not the only insane parent. There were 32 adults and 29 kids on the trip. Rule number one of parenting : it's better to outnumber them. ;)

We had a blast. The kids are gifted and our school has special classes for them. This year, the overarching theme was architecture. So while in Chicago, we went on architectural tours - a boat cruise, a walking tour of Oak Park, where Frank Lloyd Wright had his studio, a walking tour of the Loop, with emphasis on the architecture. I learned a lot. I walked a lot - my knee is not happy with me.

We went to the Blue Man Group one night. That was flipping AWESOME!!!!!!!! When we got the itinerary for the trip, I was a little hesitant about seeing them. I didn't think it would be my kind of thing. I loved it! We laughed so hard, danced so hard. We were in the nosebleed seats, so ponchos weren't needed.

And why, is the best thing about a vacation for the kids the damned pool? Just wondering.

1 comment:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

We saw them in Vegas. They were awesome.

Yeah, and the pool thing is interesting, but definitely helps burn off energy.

We drag them to Dizzyland, and they want to go back to the hotel to play in the pool.