Saturday, November 16, 2013

Two steps forward...

And one step back.

My mother must have more lives than a cat. She had major surgery again last week. Still in the hospital but doing well. Her surgeon looked younger than me. Now THAT'S depressing. She's trying to guilt me about Thanksgiving but I'm on call that weekend. And like anyone would trade that. sigh.

Got back into the OR for the first time in almost 6 months recently. Muscle memory is an amazing thing. It was really nice - the staff when they saw me ran to me and gave me lots of  hugs. It's nice to know that coworkers like you. But physically, I'm paying for it. I'm looking at my surgery schedule for next month and beginning to think I may have pushed it a smidge. Crap. Not going to tell our office's scheduler because she acts like a mother hen to us docs. She tells us what we will do when we've done things to ourselves.

At least I see pain management next week for another round of procedures.

No comments: