1. My daughter is turning into an absolutely lovely young lady. Inside and out. Last night, she was wearing just lip gloss and the wind caught her hair while we were taking a walk...Wow. I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for this. On the upside, she was asked to the spring dance and told the young guy no - stuff like that is not her thing.
2. Not drinking caffeine will cause me to hit a wall right around 2 pm. This sucks for the late afternoon patients.
3. Seeing the birth of your first child universally is amazing. Yesterday's dad spoke no English and I didn't speak his language (my patient is bilingual) but I could easily understand the tears that streamed down his face as he cut the cord while beaming.
4. I can't do it all...need to temporarily hire a housecleaner. I'm spending 4 days a week with my mom and 3 days a week at home. Balls that used to be up in the air are being dropped. My house is a disaster (by my standards).
5. 4 am is NOT an appropriate time to be awake and typing blog posts.
6. I had to laugh at my vet on Tuesday, as he was delayed because of an emergency. As I was leaving, he was apologizing left and right. I pointed out that I completely understood...
7. And my chow-chow looks at me as if saying "Just TRY to get me to take that pill!" I think she's more stubborn than me.
8. I haven't drunk Diet Coke since my surgery. Have switched over to water and tea. A first step towards getting healthier. My daughter wants us to join a yoga class. Maybe THIS will be the exercise that can't injure me.