Saturday, June 20, 2009

My family has superpowers

My mom and sister have the superpower to call exactly 10 minutes after I have laid down for the first time in 40+ hours. It's inevitable. It happened yesterday. Again. And then they get irritated with me for not being spritely and willing to talk.

My kids have the superpower to whine exactly when I am on my last ounce of reserve from dealing with needy people and the generalized craziness of my life right now.

My husband has the superpower to always make me feel better, even when my world is crashing.

I like the last superpower the best. ;)

2 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Ah, but don't forget the hospital clerk's superpower to call you with that new consult as soon as she hears your car pulling into your home garage.

ER's Mom said...

And the ER's power to page just as I'm slipping into the hot bubble bath!