Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I am such a brat

So we have some new (as in fresh out of school) nurses training on L&D. One of them had my laboring gal yesterday.

My patient had a few decels during placement of the epidural, but nothing worrisome. The newbie came out and showed me the strip on the monitor. She then proceeded to stay there and chart something on paper...the monitor is still showing my patient's strip. All of a sudden I shout "Oh, my god, look at the decel!" and jump up. (the strip looks fine, I'm just messing with her)

Newbie's head jerks up, eyes wide, looking like a deer in headlights. I bust up laughing.

The other nurses are cracking up.

I am a brat. And proud of it.

3 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Whatever he said, above.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

I've done similarly evil things. Usually to Mary. And I live to regret them, too.

atyourcervix said...

bad, bad, bad! Don't mess with the newbie's heads!! lol