Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Small town, part lost count

Yes, it's a small town. Delivered one woman today. I used to (in my old practice) work with her aunt, who texted me a photo of her holding the new baby.

There's just a lot of interconnections within this town and I'm starting to weave myself within them. We went out to eat tonight and I saw 5 patients while out. I've had 3 of my daughter's teachers as patients. My two best friends are my patients.

And that's part of being a small town doc.

5 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

That's cool, as long as they don't harass you with medical crap.

ER's Mom said...

Yeah, most people in public don't want to drop trou.

I have had one person lift up her shirt to show off her laparoscopic hystererectomy scars...

student dr. blaze said...

do you enjoy working in a small town? or do you miss the anonymity of the city?

ER's Mom said...

I grew up in a small town, so I knew what I was in for. I actually prefer it, I went to school in big towns and didn't like it, although they are fun to visit.

Don said...

I love living in a small town.

One of my paramedic friends just announced he is running for Coroner

Just think, if he wins, when he goes on an ambulance call, he will be able to not only pronounce, but give you a death certificate before he leaves

You can only get that kind of service in a small town!