Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I'm for sure going to win mother of the year.

The day starts with a phone call from the boy's teacher, wondering why I wouldn't sign something. Kid got caught in a lie, since I had never seen the page.

While I'm running errands, the girl child get home from school. Evidently our garage door keypad needs a new battery. She can't get into the garage. She checks all other doors - locked. So she breaks into our house through a window in her bedroom.

Then, since today is trick or treat, I'm handing out candy. And run out. So I take candy from the boy's tub (he's already home). At least I'm taking the stuff he doesn't like to hand out. Only a few more minutes.

6 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Kids keep us wondering what we'd be doing without them. And mine are grown !~!

Red Stethoscope said...

Lol, stealing candy straight from the boy's tub is the crowning glory to this story!

ER's Mom said...

@Red Stethoscope,

Yes, it was a burst of inspiration. Cuz I was not about to make a candy run to Walmart! And now T&T is done and a beer is opened.

Mary said...

I could have written a parallel story. Kid through paper away on bus and I went and tracked it down after teacher called.

House locked, son uses school ID to open French doors in basement - where did he develop THAT skill?

Live rurally and expected no T'or T' ers. Took stuff I had bought the kids so I didn't have to take 'em out.

No MOY award but they seem to have turned out fine. All productive citizens of society. MOY is over rated. Congrats on being a real mom.

Ms. Donna said...

LOL! Did that once with my Asperger's son. He's 22 now and I have not herd the end of it!

Libbie Olivas said...

Wow, talk about “when it rains, it pours!” I do hope that the only problem with your garage was that the keypad entry was out of battery, and there were no major repairs or replacements needed. Having keypad entry into garages is actually one of the best safety features of a garage door. The fact that it can lock the garage door if the wrong number is punched in or if the keypad is destroyed will ensure that no intruder can enter. I surely hope no one saw HOW your daughter broke into your house though!