Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My hope

So the girl child is whining because school starts back tomorrow. I, being a sympathetic mother, tell her to shut up and stop bitching because I have to work too.

Of course, I'm scheduled for just a c-section and nothing else (long story).

Just a c-section.

I hope to always remember that "just a c-section", something that is routine for me, is something amazing, exhilarating, and scary for those who put their trust in me. Yes, I have done hundreds, maybe even thousands. But to that woman, it is one of only a few.

I hope to always remember. Even at 2 am.

1 comment:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Mine go back on Monday, and are already unhappy about it.

Amazing how the things that become routine for us are still major events for others. Part of being a good doctor is never losing site of that.