Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Memories

So I asked my hubby the other day "What happened that turned me into this raving, bitchy person?" And he reminded me of a page I got a few years back...I had completely forgotten about this one. But it's a good one.


It's 1:12 am. I am home, in my bed, asleep. Like a normal person. My pager goes off. It's the operator with a phone call. Yawn, please transfer me to it.

"Hi there, I'm Dr. Wantstosleep. How can I help you?"

"I dropped my pills in the toilet."

"You dropped them into the toilet? What kind of pills?"

"Birth control pills."

"Still in the packet?"

"Yes."

"Well, get them out, wipe the back with some alcohol and take them."

"That's gross. Can't you call in a refill?"

"Do you have refills left on the prescription?"

"Yes."

"Call the pharmacy yourself and get the refill filled sooner."

"Medicaid won't pay for it."

"Buy it yourself or check in the morning to the clinic."

"Can't you get me some samples now? I need it for my cysts"

"I AM AT HOME, IN BED SLEEPING. I AM NOT DRIVING INTO THE HOSPITAL SO YOU CAN GET SOME SAMPLES AT SOME UNGODLY HOUR IN THE MORNING!"

"Oh, I thought you were working at the hospital."

My husband is shaking, he is laughing so hard at my half of the conversation. It took me over 20 minutes to get this dingbat off the phone.

1 comment:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Good lord. That's better than some of my calls.

I've been known to just hang up. I just say "I am hanging up now. Good night."

People are stupid.