Sunday, March 27, 2011

Things this OB-Gyn hates

In no particular order:

1. HELLP syndrome

2. Stage 4 endometriosis during hysterectomies.

3. Repeat c-sections

4. Abruptions

5. C-sections under general

6. IUFDs.

7. Cancer

8. Floppy, grey babies

9. Shoulder dystocia.

10. Severe post-partum hemorrhage, where you end up in the OR after a vaginal delivery.

11. Severe pelvic adhesions while trying to do a surgery.

I've done all of these in the last couple of weeks. Some more than once. Some patients combined several of these into one craptastic case.

6 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

My heart goes out to you. That certainly is a bunch o’ bad luck in a short time. May Spring find you and give you a moment’s beauty absent of all disturbing sights. Hang tough, there may be a good run coming up.

watercolordaisy said...

ugh. hugs! and hugs to the ladies.

Ellen said...

I have to agree with you on several of these, especially that nasty HELLP syndrome. Having suffered through it twice, I'd be willing to offer that the view from the patient's side of the desk is just as ugly as the view from your side.

Daniele said...

Hello,
it's Daniele Mannina from Viralbeat. Hope this mail finds you fine, I’d like to have a chat with you about something I believe you could be interested in.
If it is ok with you please contact me at this address: daniele.mannina@viralbeat.com.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

I'd add amniotic fluid embolism...yuck.

kate sweeten said...

Oye. That sounds like a laundry list of things that I hope never happen to me and my lady parts...