Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'm nerdy even by med school standards

My final rotation in medical school was radiology. And you can probably guess the reason why.

Anyway, the site I was at had a large number of us...all 4th years who had matched and were counting down the days until graduation. So we had these weekly lectures with cool images.

One abdominal film goes up. The attending asks us what we see. I promptly say "Bezoar."All of the other students are staring at me with a WTF look.

"That's right! How did you know?"

I didn't want to admit I knew it from reading Harry Potter...






5 comments:

XOXO Dr. Kay Elizabeth said...

ROTFLMBO @ knowing it from Harry Potter, well at least you know it. :)

Grumpy, M.D. said...

My last week of med school they made us sit through a series of lectures on ethics, given by a professor with none.

Anonymous said...

I've been a veterinarian for over 15 years and I knew I had been sleeping too little/working too hard/reading too much Harry Potter, when I had a poisoning case come in and the first thing I thought of was using a bezoar as a poison antidote. I'm glad I didn't' actually say it out loud in the hospital.

DURGA DHUNGANA said...

Yah it is so amazing that nothing in life goes unwasted it comes in use a t one point or other.......DO U AGREE OR NT????

OMDG said...

That's kind of awesome, actually. Nerds rule.