Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

DD woke up at 4:17 am (why, oh why am I cursed with kids who wake up early?).

Presents unwrapped before 7 am. Kids loved the gifts. DS is wearing his new Star Wars sweatshirt. DD still has yet to beat me at Othello...I may have a few years of experience on her playing it. ;)

Christmas dinner was in the oven by 7:30 am: made the pie first (blueberry, and of COURSE a homemade crust!), prime rib roast was in the oven by 8, green bean casserole (not the usual one, this one is cheesy and spicy) started in the crockpot at 9, and the potatoes were being boiled at 11. This year, I did NOT overcook the prime rib - got it out when it was 135 degrees (missed last year, it ended up being medium-well. pooey)

Dinner is now finished, bellies are full. Second glass of wine being consumed. Pie is waiting for the bellies to empty somewhat. Whipping cream is in the fridge, awaiting its time to shine.

Best present: news that a partner has agreed to terms and the contract is in the mail to her. She can start in March. Woo Hoo! I can last 2 more months of near continuous call - I'm paying another doc in town to take a few days/month...I have to get away from the hospital. I even have 4 consecutive days off starting today!

Life is looking up...

No comments: