Saturday, June 16, 2012

Random thoughts

We have a shit-ton of books. 9 bookcases plus the built-in wall of shelves in our den. 90% of what we move will end up being books. Most of the rest will be kitchen stuff.  ;)

A fever of 102.5 makes you feel like shit.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have a railing on the deck was a freaking idiot. I've been painting it for awhile and still have too many slats to go.

It felt so wrong throwing away the study guides to the USMLE parts 1, 2, and 3. But really, do I need it?

I have got to get around to tossing my notes from my master's degree classes. They are currently sitting in my closet.

Only one more week until M-day. Ugh.

And I should NOT have spent so much time reading the Song of Ice and Fire series...5000+ pages!

5 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

I hate moving.

I've had the same desk since college, and each time I move have to take off and re-attach the legs. So far I've done this 9 times (and who knows how many before me). The supports are now so weak I'm afraid they'll collapse next time.

Fortunately, I'm hoping to be inthis house for another 20 years.

Fizzy said...

Dunno... you never know when you might have to repeat all of med school again....

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Hoping that this house is the last one I have to live in. I expect to be here until they carry me out with my head covered feet first. Moving makes me consider picking up the tequila bottle and who wants to see that again ?~!

ER's Mom said...

Because DH doesn't have tenure, we can't say that this will be our last move. :(

DH has just now come down with the hideous fever thingy. I'm still recovering. We make a pathetic sight.

Fizzy, I actually LIKED med school...

Anonymous said...

Right there with you. We're on the road right now crossing 7 states for a transfer. One plus with the military is that someone else packed and moved the stuff. One negative-I'm sure I'll never unpack at least 5 of the boxes once we get it delivered on the other end.

We still had packed boxes from the last move-some we didn't even open-we just delivered them right to Goodwill!