Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Venting

Why the HELL do people think a degree from fucking Dr. Google trumps my experience and education?

I went to med school for 4 long years. I then did a residency for another 4 incredibly long and painful years. I have been out of residency for 8 years. I know shit. I know OB. I've done thousands of deliveries. I can tell you what is likely to happen if we do things your way. Doing things my way leads to a HIGHER chance of a vaginal delivery!

SO FUCKING LISTEN TO ME when I make a recommendation at 8 am. And then you won't have to be telling me at midnight "You were right." DAMN STRAIGHT.

2 comments:

Macha said...

Birthin' babies is a subject that almost everyone knows more about that you or me or any other "expert" who has spent the aforementioned 8 years of training and many more years of sleepless nights and nailbiting days. Before I went to medical school, I used to know (meaning that I thought I knew) a lot more than I do now 3000 babies later. It is just the way it is. If they want to hear my advice, fine. Otherwise we will all just have to do it the hard way.

Anonymous said...

Just had the self same discussion with my associate now - Thank heaven's Dr Google went to med school, has our patients sitting in front of him and has examined them *sarcasm font*