Saturday, June 6, 2015

Bang my head

Caller #1: Goes on and on and on about a nothing symptom - it's normal 3 days postpartum to bleed. I tell her this multiple times over the course of the 10 minute call. I finally hang up, since it's obvious she's not listening to a word I'm saying.

Caller #2: Diarrhea at 2 am is not an emergency, but take some Immodium.

Caller #3: Term pregnancy, thinks her water broke. Me: Go to OB. She then starts in on 50 million other symptoms. Me: Go to OB. She then tells me about her discharge. Me: GO TO OB. Her - well what if my water isn't broke? Me: Just go to OB.

I fucking hate call.

2 comments:

Zed said...

Sounds tedious.
On my Obs & Gynae placement I sat in with the midwives in the dreaded triage area.
I've never seen so many eye rolls in the space of a phone call

Anonymous said...

I feel bad for you guys. Thants why I'm an intensivist- vented patients can't talk.