Friday, August 21, 2009

Girlfriends

Are a beautiful necessity of life. I'm lucky to have collected quite a few. But up until the last few months, they have not lived here...I have friends from college, med school, working all around the country. But I've been too busy to find someone local. I know that my friends are willing to stop on a dime to help me. But they were all several hundreds of miles away.

Until my buddy/coworker/patient stepped in and made me her project. I think she was afraid I'd skip town due to lack of roots. But I'm now in a community of women who are an amazing bunch. We're all in different stages of life, but somehow we click. And I needed that.

Knitting the strands of life ever closer...

1 comment:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Friends are good stuff.

None of mine are local anymore. But since my practice runs on email, and we all have primarily desk jobs, I talk to them all day long in email conversations that have been going on for years.