Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Moods

It's been a rough few months...between working my ass off, my mom getting sick, various appliances all deciding to die at once in my house (I think they're unionized and striking). I'm finding myself listening to a lot of punk/hard rock lately with some later Beatles thrown in.

It makes for a strange mix in the OR. The punk and rock seem to cover the anger that I'm feeling at the world. The dandelions in my garden beds can attest to that anger. But the Beatles...not angry. Their songs that I'm drawn to are more wistful, more longing for connection. Let It Be is even more on the road to acceptance. (yes, I've been reading Kubler-Ross)

My usual assist is getting sick of American Idiot. ;)

1 comment:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Try the Ramones. Loud and fast. I use them when trying to wake up.