Saturday, August 15, 2009

The joys of small-town living

Our "newspaper" has a great daily column of all of the police-calls/fire-calls/divorces/marriage licenses/court sentencing. I read it daily for the entertainment value - whoever writes it deserves to be making millions. The turn of phrase he employs is hysterical. I also check to see how many people I know. The most ever in a day was 4 people - one in the marriage license section and the rest were in the court sentencing section.

Today's lead-off bit : Police assisting in corralling donkeys along a nearby rural road.

Take that New York Times!

3 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

I love it.

I went to med school in a city that still thinks it's a small town, and I loved this sort of stuff in the paper.

ER's Mom said...

Yeah, this section of the paper is ALWAYS the most discussed section down in the surgical lounge.

Percocet is usually purloined. Individuals are intoxicated, never drunk...stuff like that.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Where I went to medical school the local paper's restaurant reviews covered the play-area's of various McD's and compared them, and ha reviews on the Sizzler and other chains.