Saturday, November 14, 2009

Held back!

I was supposed to graduate from PT this week - yesterday was visit #12. And my ROM is back, which is nice. Most of the swelling is gone, but there is still a difference between knees.

But my right leg is still pretty weak. It's amazing how you can compensate (and not even realize it). I still hate stairs. My biceps and upper back are getting awesome because I've been using them to go up and down flights of stairs. Balance and proprioception is off if I'm forced to close my eyes. If I'm walking without crutches, I'm staring at the ground to doublecheck position of that leg. Gordon called me out on cheating during squats - all of my weight was on my left leg...I didn't even realize it.

And objectively, that right leg is a total loser! During the strength testing, he could move my leg any way he wanted to move it. I couldn't hold it in position to save my life. Left leg is just fine and stayed put.

2 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

"ER's Mom, OB/GYN. A woman who's knee was barely alive.

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild her. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic OB/GYN. ER's Mom will be that OB/GYN. Better than she was before. Better, stronger, faster."

(theme music cuts in)

ER's Mom said...

How freakin' awesome would THAT be?

Bionic OB-Gyn...would never need sleep.