Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nice delivery

My two favorite places at work are the OR and L&D rooms.

So I had primip last night, being induced (yes, I know. Overdue by a couple of days and I had a moment of weakness to whining in the office. I'm not perfect.) No health issues. Happy couple. Happy baby during labor. Checked her after office hours and before I went to PT. She was 7 cm. Told the nurse about my appointment and that to call me only if the head was out. ;) If she was complete, I didn't want to know.

So I go to PT and get tortured. As I'm sitting there at the end with the ice and electric stimulation, I call. She hasn't checked her but told me "She started having earlies about 15 minutes ago."

SWEET!

Finish PT, wander back to the hospital. Head is at +4 station. Pt pushes for only 20 minutes with a happy vigorous baby. Daddy is sobbing. She kangarooed while I got the placenta out and stitched her up.

Nice delivery.

1 comment:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

It's the happy endings that make it all worthwhile.