Thursday, October 8, 2009

Other side

So I'm NPO since midnight. I'm hungry. I'm uncaffeinated. My head is starting to hurt from caffeine withdrawal. I hate the idea of giving up control, and that's EXACTLY what I'm going to do in a few hours.

I haven't been able to take NSAIDs for the last week...I sorta yelled at my surgeon yesterday for that (ran into him in the hospital cafeteria). I was whining about the no NSAIDs today when I rounded and no one was very sympathetic to me on L&D. The tech told me to suck it up and that charge nurse reminded me that I didn't want to bleed to death.

I felt the love, let me tell you.

Here's hoping this surgery works.

3 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Good luck!

They do care about you.

dr. whoo? said...

Good luck, ER's Mom! And good thoughts for a fast, caffeine-full recovery! :)

ER's Mom said...

Yeah, they do care. My office nurse is taking next week as vacation to tend to me. Several L&D nurses have also volunteered to come over and take care of me.

It's like one giant extended family. Love them dearly.